Calvary has a rich history in Clarenville. We first began in the late 1940s with small house meetings and have grown into a wonderful & healthy assembly. Our first church was located on Balsom Street, our second building was located on Leslie Street, and now we are currently meeting in our building on Trinity Crescent. Over the years, Calvary has had the privilege of having godly and influential pastors. We thank God for His faithfulness in the past, and look forward to the future He has in store for us.
- the Bible is the only inspired, written Word of God, used to teach, correct and challenge us. We believe the Bible has authority to speak into our lives. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, Hebrews 4:12)
- there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. This is referred to as “The Trinity.” (Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19)
- Jesus is God in the flesh. He is the Son of God. We believe He was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life. In his earthly ministry, He brought God’s Kingdom to earth, and through His death & resurrection brings salvation. Today, He sits exalted at the right hand of God. (John 1:14, 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
- God’s gift to the believer is the personal presence of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit lives inside of the believer and makes them a Christian. The Holy Spirit also baptizes believers in power, and gives believers the ability to live a holy life. (Luke 24:49, Acts 2:4)
- Everyone has sinned and fallen short of God’s standard. Because of Jesus’ death and resurrection, salvation is available to all who place their trust in Him, and repent of their sins. (Romans 10:9-13, Titus 3:5-7)
- Jesus gave two important traditions to the Church – water baptism and communion. Water baptism, by immersion for believers, symbolizes new life in Christ. The regular practice of Communion reminds us of the work of Jesus on the Cross. (Matthew 28:19, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26)
- In the FourFold Gospel – which teaches that Jesus is our Saviour, Jesus is our Healer, Jesus is our Baptizer in the Holy Spirit, and our Soon-Coming King.
In the soon return of Christ, which is the hope of the church. (Titus 2:13)
Calvary Pentecostal Church is a member of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Newfoundland & Labrador and subscribe to their doctrines and core values. (www.paonl.ca/about)